Tom

Tom

Monday, October 11, 2010

From Tom's nephew

Uncle Tom

Hey, I'm Kevin, Tom's nephew. It's hard for me to describe just how much I'm going to miss him, and therefore, I'm not quite sure where to start...........probably the best memories that I have of my uncle are when my Grandma was still alive, and the Christmases that we'd all be together, crammed in my Grandma's house. On either Christmas Eve, or Christmas Day we'd pack a huge picnic and go to the beach, where we'd spend the majority of the day, exploring tidepools, talking, laughing, sharing stories, and ofcourse eating. Tom was one of those people that you were always wishing you could have spent more time with, but it also made me cherish the times we were together, so much more!
I'll never forget back in 2005, I was going through a rough patch, and Tom called me to tell me how much he loved me, how proud of me he was, and how happy he was for me. Talking with him that night, was pretty awesome, and it made me feel really good!
The last family trip that we all went on, was the last time that we were all together at the same time, we went camping up at Patrick's Point for a week. It's incredible up there, and it reminded me alot of those Christmases when Grandma was alive, and those trips to the beach we took. I remember that week of camping just the mindless chatter, the laughs, the stories, and the closeness that I'm pretty sure we all felt! Tom was an amazing, sweet, honest, blunt, smart, and all around just a great guy that I'm so happy that I was able to have in my life! I'll always love and miss him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment