Tom

Tom

Monday, October 11, 2010

Tom the dancer - from Marilyn Smith

Tom's Folk Dance Days:


In the early 1980's Tom not only danced in my folk dance classes at SRJC, but also performed in my folk dance performing group Dunav.  Our group performed at fairs, festivals and special concerts throughout Sonoma County.  Tom danced in every suite:  French, Hungarian, Romanian and Bulgarian.  Tom was quiet and  thoughtful, but danced with a focused intensity.  My special connection to him was in the Hungarian suite where he was my partner.  It was as if time stood still when we danced, lost in the music and movements of the Hungarian dances.  You can see the joy his dancing brought to me in the photo of us together. 
A life too short, but lived with joy, intensity and love.

Marilyn Smith




No comments:

Post a Comment