Tom

Tom

Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Brother, Tom

I'm Tom's sister, Jan. I have loved reading your blogs about him - he was quite a guy. Hard to put down in words how I feel about him without being sappy - he wasn't sappy but he sure was sweet. We don't know what we're going to do without him at our family gatherings - who's going to make us laugh? Who's going to keep us up much later than normal w/ his deep thoughts and queries. He was so knowledgeable about such a variety of subjects - but his passion was the environment. He loved worms! He was at our house after a rain and the worms were on the driveway - Tom was out gathering them up so they wouldn't get squished or dry out. I do that now, too.
He loved a lot of things - good music, delicious food, magic tricks, reading, learning and DOGS. Before he got a dog when he was a little guy, he had turtles, newts, lizards because he was allergic to everything. Then the doc said he could have either a poodle or a dachshund - he chose the dachshund and the rest is history. We had dachshund after dachshund. His dear little Rowboat was the last in a list of fine specimens.
I don't like to think about life without Tom - he was such a huge part of our lives. I love you, Tom.

1 comment: