Tom

Tom

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

this Friday night

it's me again....Tom's old housemate. I just wanted to invite Tom's local loved ones, if you're feeling inclined, to gather this Friday night at Gaia's Garden (www.gaiasgardenonline.com).

when I first heard the shocking news, I began eliminating all the less than essential activities from my week, so I could focus on dealing with this new reality.

I considered cancelling my gig to play the piano for Friday night dinner at Gaia's, when it occurred to me that music can be very healing, as can healthy, good food.

I will be playing music between 6:15 and 7:45. I normally play a mix of blues, jazz, old favorites, and originals. But this week, I will include songs that relate to this experience..... anything that reminds me of Tom. We shared a stereo for 8 years, and I came to know a bit of his musical tastes, and will do my best to honor them (if you're coming, and there is anything you'd like to hear in particular, let me know beforehand 579-3849, and I'll do my best to pull it together to play).

mainly, I think it will just be nice for people to see each other, connect, and support one another though this painful time.

the details of the Oct. 16th memorial will be posted soon on this site.

I look forward to meeting those of you I've only heard about for some years...

Take care,

Julie Chasen

1 comment:

  1. I'll try to be there. Am looking forward to connecting with others who loved Tom. Hope there's a bunch of us.

    ReplyDelete